To Our Clients and Colleagues:
Even amidst these challenging times, Gardiner Koch Weisberg & Wrona (“GKWW”) remains open, and we will continue to meet your daily needs to the best of our abilities. Our Chicago and Naperville offices will be staffed daily by a reduced number of attorneys and other staff, and all other attorneys and staff will be working remotely. Your calls and inquiries will be answered with the same promptness as before. In the event that you wish to meet, either telephonically or in person with your attorney, please contact them directly to make arrangements.
As many of you know, most Federal and State courts will be closing. As of now, this is what we know:
- Northern District of Illinois: All deadlines are extended by 21 days, and any hearing, trial or settlement conferences that were to occur between now and April 2 will be reset after April 6, 2020.
- Cook County Circuit Court: All courts will be closed from March 17 – April 15, 2020. In the event of an agreed upon emergency, there will be sitting judges to hear emergency matters only. As of now, matters will be continued for 30 days from the date they are currently scheduled.
- Will County Circuit Court (12th Judicial Circuit): Most matters will be continued until April 20, 2020.
- DuPage County Circuit Court (18th Judicial Circuit): All courts will be closed until April 17, 2020. The clerk’s office will send out notices regarding rescheduled court dates.
- Lake County Circuit Court (19th Judicial Circuit): The 19th Judicial Circuit will be closed and all matters will be continued for 28 days from the date they are currently scheduled. The clerk’s office will send out notices regarding rescheduled court dates.
- McHenry Circuit Court (22nd Judicial Circuit): The 22nd Judicial Circuit Court and the Michael J. Sullivan Judicial Center remain open, except for traffic and small claims cases, which will be rescheduled.
- Kane County Circuit Court (16th Judicial Circuit): The 16th Judicial Circuit Court will be closed through April 17, 2020.
- Kendall and DeKalb Circuit Court (23rd Judicial Circuit): The 23rd Judicial Circuit Court remain open, however, jury trials, traffic cases and other specific cases will be rescheduled through April 17, 2020. The clerk’s office will send out notices regarding rescheduled court dates.
- Walworth County Court: The Walworth County Court remains open.
We know that many of you have scheduled court matters during these times, both in and out of court, which may be affected. The attorney handling your case will be contacting you in the next seven days to provide you with additional information regarding your case. We will keep you updated as to any new information that we receive. Please feel free to contact us or look on our website, which we will be updating as needed.
We are only a phone call or email away. Please contact us with any questions you may have about the above information or your case. We wish you and your families health as we navigate this uncertain time.