© 2017 GKWW. Law. All Rights Reserved.
• We settled a hospital and nursing home neglect case involving pressure ulcers and infection in a 73-year-old postoperative patient. The settlement was $750,000.
• We settled a hospital and nursing home neglect case (involving pressure ulcers suffered by a 62-year-old arm fracture patient) for $500,000.
• We settled a nursing home fall case for $250,000, as well as a nursing home neglect case, involving beverage burns suffered by an elderly surgical rehab patient, for $100,000.
• We settled a nursing home neglect case for $175,000.
• A nursing home resident died as a result of the facility’s failure to discover and treat severe bed sores. We won a large wrongful death settlement for the patient’s devastated family.
• A paraplegic nursing home resident who was injured because of the nursing home’s negligence in transferring the resident from her chair to a bed. We achieved a significant settlement for the injured patient.
• A nursing home resident–suffering from Stage 4 Cancer and Alzheimer’s–was not properly controlled or monitored, resulting in the patient’s expiring. We achieved a significant wrongful death settlement for the patient’s family.
• We have achieved significant results for residents of nursing homes even when the residents have suffered from Alzheimer’s disease.